I’ve finally put together a quick and dirty teaser. With Mold almost finished, it was about time I put some moving material out there. Follow the link to Vimeo to view it in HD.
I am relieved to say that Mold has picture lock, and is in the process of being scored by composer Reklaklislaw. With some luck, it should be ready for inital viewings in about a month.
What took so long? Coming in at only about 6 minutes, Mold often had to take a back seat to a busy year of client work.
That isn’t to say that I haven’t spent hundreds of hours working on it, and learned many new things along the way.
Mold was first conceived in the Fall of 2009. It was written and storyboarded in the Spring of 2010, and was filmed in two days in August and September in 2010. Because of two very involved projects, editing didn’t really being until March 2011.
The shooting location (a burned down abandoned textile factory in central NY), while providing a pre-designed and immersive set, also created some unique challenges and limitations that lead to the need for a longer post-production period.
Anyway, I’m looking forward to having something to show and to get feedback on soon!
I don’t expect to be blogging much, but I figured I could use this space to give out some updates on the process of my current personal project “Loops”.
This is a little chart I made that matches my storyboard frames to the frames that were shot for the first in the series “Mold”. Making it was a fun little exercise to check the calibration of my previsualization to visualization.